Bancha (番茶) is a Japanese green tea. It is harvested from the second flush of sencha between summer and autumn.
We chose this name because we want developers to relax as they are drinking a tea.
- Bancha is a Content Management System written in PHP5.
- Bancha doesn’t sacrifice the performance of a static site, because under the hood it uses many different caching systems.
- It’s modular, so it can be extended with different types of modules that you can develop by yourself.
- It’s totally open-source (you can download the source from http://getbancha.com).
- It’s easy to install and to maintain. It doesnt’t need any complicated or advanced infrastructure: just PHP5, some extensions and a DB server.
- It totally separates the application framework (MVC) from the website themes, so it’s easy to use for web developers as well as web designers.
- Uses a wonderful ORM system to “play” with the database objects without the needs to write a single query.
Next: Server-side requirements